Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Road Trip: Olympic Peninsula, WA


This was my post-graduation road trip sometime in August 2006, just before I raced back home to go to my first NW String Summit (Aug 25-27, 2006).

I stayed in Pacific Beach, WA on the first night. A two bedroom suite was the only thing available. I didn't realize there was a campground just a 1/4 mile away. There was fly stuck in the room. It had a bunch of weird VHS tapes like The Big Chill.

I made a stop at the Macah Indian Reservation and Cape Flattery.

I also did some camping and hiking on the east side of the Olympic Peninsula, somewhere off Hwy 101. I even did a little mountain biking near my camp site.

I remember doing a hike to a lake somewhere. TBD (Possibly Jefferson Lake Trail).

I also had lunch at the El Puerto De Angeles restaurant in Hoodsport, WA on Hood Canal.