Wednesday, July 15, 2020

Road Trip: Mosier Twin Tunnels, Hood River, Mt Hood, OR

Day 1: Mosier Twin Tunnels, Hood River, OR

I got to Hood River to my hotel at the Westcliff Lodge. Sweet room overlooking a grassy area used for events like weddings. 

With plenty of daylight left, I headed east to check out the Mosier Twin Tunnels, just 9 miles away.

Here are some shots from the Historic Columbia River Highway State Trail. "The trail comprises three disconnected paved paths along stretches of historic Highway 30 — which predated I-84 as the only road connecting Portland and The Dalles. Together the segments provide a combined 12-plus miles of thrilling scenery and spectacular geologic formations."1




 I also to a spin down to check out "The Hook" and Waucoma Basin on the Columbia River.


I got sushi from Sushi Okalani and curbside pickup. I had to time to visit Gorge Greenery All Things Cannabis- Marijuana Dispensary Hood River while for order was prepared.

 

Day 2: Hike at Vista Ridge Trail #626


I drove pretty far up Lolo Pass Road underneath the power lines before turning back around. The easier route is NF-1810.


 

Sources

1 https://stateparks.oregon.gov/index.cfm?do=park.profile&parkId=113