Wednesday, October 27, 2021

Hike: Hamilton Mountain / Hardy Creek Loop, N Bonneville, WA


AllTrails Map

Getting There:

See previous hikes for directions. If heading from Vancouver, turn left at Beacon Rock :)

The Hike:

Distance: 7.70 mi
Elevation Gain: 2,234 ft
Moving Time: 2:54:03
Total Time: 3:07:18
Avg Pace: 22:36
Calories
: 1,534 

I expected the trail to be a bit muddy but it wasn’t too bad. There were a few spots on the ascent but the canopy efficiently captures the rain. The clay & rocky section were wet but not really slippery. I didn’t feel the need to get out my poles. Once I started toward the Saddle, the trail was often completely covered with maple and oak leaves of all hues of Fall. This likely covered otherwise muddy sections, FTW. 

I considered taking Don’s Cutoff Trail but it seemed extra dark. It was starting to rain and I got a “feeling“. I took the Equestrian Trail to Hardy Creek Trail. 

I was the last car to leave the parking lot though I was glad to see a park ranger checking on things. 4:55p. There were several cars when I got there but I only saw the four guys I saw arrive in one car. 

Rodney Falls

The view from Rodney Falls