Wednesday, November 17, 2021

Hike: Forest Park (Firelane 12, 15, Wildwood, Newton Road, BPA) X, Portland, OR

AllTrails map

Getting There

Take NW Skyline Blvd north from NW Germantown Road. The Skyline Blvd Trailhead is 1.6 mi and a parking are available on right (east) side of the road.

I parked, geared up and set out.


The Hike

Length: 8.69 miles
Elevation Gain: 2,014 feet
Type: Loop (except section to trailhead)

This is the 10th time I've done this general route and 4th time I've added a leg to Newton Rd Trailhead which adds about 1.6 miles but not much elevation change. 

I also added a few extra legs for extra elevation gain and distance. (I was <2200' to reach my 100K' goal). I hiked up to the high spot near the BPA Road Trailhead and another on Newton Road. (Net gain: +283' & +1.2mi).

It's still pretty muddy in spots but peaceful to hear the water flowing in the creeks. Just a smattering but always great to hear the little birds flitting about.

I even saw a small garter snake.

Ben's Bench on Wildwood Trail

View from the high point on the BPA Road.

Late afternoon in the Forest Park