Saturday, March 18, 2023

Hike: Devil's Rest via Wahkeena Trail, Corbett, OR



Getting There

The weather was amazing, the temp were in the upper 60s and blue skies for miles. 

I took I-84 east and parked in the Multnomah Falls parking lot between the eastbound and westbound lanes. Plus, real or imagined, I'm guessing this parking lot is "safer" due to high turnover and cameras.

The lot was filling up but there were still a dozen open spots.

The Hike

Length: 12.05 mi
Elev. gain: 3,386 ft
Moving time: 5:27:28
Avg pace: 27:11
Calories: 3,295
Total time: 6:17:56

AllTrails map

Took advantage of the gorgeous weather and headed up to Devil's Rest via Wahkeena Trail (420). I managed okay with just boots/microspikes but would have been easier w/ snow shoes on the Devil's Rest Trail (420C).

I'd planned to loop back to the car via Multnomah Falls but when I reached the junction, I kept on going up the Larch Mtn Trail (441) for about a mile. 

Then, I doubled-back toward Wahkeena Creek and took the Vista Point Trail (419).

Wahkeena Trail



View from Devil's Rest

Devil's Rest Trail

Larch Mountain Trail

Vista Point view