Saturday, July 1, 2023

Hike: Camassia Nature Preserve, West Linn, OR

Getting There 

From Downtown Oregon City, head northwest on 7th St/Hwy Bridge. Continue onto OR-43 N/Oregon City Arch Bridge, then follow OR-43 N. Turn left onto Willamette Falls Dr and take a light right onto Sunset Ave. 

Turn right onto Walnut St for this trailhead. There are some other start points but this is the one my mom and I started from a few years ago, the last time I was here.

It's neighborhood-street parking so be respectful of residents and their driveways. There is parking on Maple Ave and Chestnut Ave.

The Hike


Distance: 0.69 miles
Elevation Gain: 94 ft


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



Last minute walk around Camassia Nature Preserve. Only 0.7mi loop. I wasn't planning a hike and didn't even had hiking boots or other gear. I did have my signature straw hat!

Dry, hot, and a bit overgrown. Still happy to take a little spin. I didn't see anyone else on the loop. There were a lot squirrels scurrying about.

Raised platform

Mt Hood

Also, specimens of the oak savanna that "once covered about 400,000 acres of the Willamette Valley. Today, fewer than 20,000 acres of oak trees, representing just 5% of historical totals." I learned about the oak savanna was at Wapato Access Greenway State Park on Sauvie Island.