Tuesday, July 6, 2021

Hike: Forest Park (Firelane 12, 15, Wildwood, BPA), Portland, OR

 

AllTrails map

Getting There

Take Skyline Blvd north from NW Germantown Road. The trailhead is 1.1 miles from there. The parking lot can be difficult to see, it looks like someone's driveway. There are 5 or 6 spots in the trees but don't block the gate :)


The Hike

Length: 2.75 miles
Elevation Gain: 489 feet
Type: Loop except the section to the TH


I got a late start after running errands. I knew I wasn't going to do the whole Newton/BPA loop that I have been doing. I really just wanted to checkout a different trailhead and Firelane 12 again.

After a small crest, you start dropping down into the park. At the Wildwood Trail junction, I took it (left/north) to the Firelane 12/15 junction.

I continued down Firelane 12 to the bottom. It was nice and cool and quiet. The uphill climb was not too bad.

I emerged out of the trees on BPA Road where the plagues are for the Hole in the Park dedications.

The trip back to the car & trailhead is a stead incline but not too drastic.

Two hikes in this area in two days. I feel like I know the area pretty well now.