Thursday, December 2, 2021

Hike: Forest Park (Firelane 12, 15, Wildwood, Newton Road, BPA) XII, Portland, OR


AllTrails map

Getting There

Take NW Skyline Blvd north from NW Germantown Road. The Skyline Blvd Trailhead is 1.6 mi and a parking are available on right (east) side of the road.

I parked, geared up and set out.


The Hike

Length: 10.04 miles
Elevation Gain: 2,086 feet
Type: Loop (except section to trailhead)

This is the 12th time I've done this general route and 5th time I've added a leg to Newton Rd Trailhead which adds about 1.6 miles but not much elevation change. I also hiked up to the high point near the BPA Trailhead.

My ascent time from Hwy 30 to the top: 0.8mi was 22min. My Best Time so far.

I'm just trying to get a few more reps (hikes) before the end of the year but also to stay fit for other adventures (snow shoeing, skiing, more hikes).