Friday, December 10, 2021

Hike: North End of Forest Park XIII, Portland, OR


AllTrails map

Getting There

Take NW Skyline Blvd north from NW Germantown Road. The Skyline Blvd Trailhead is 1.6 mi and a parking are available on right (east) side of the road.

The Hike

Distance: 7.46 mi
Elevation Gain: 1,739 ft
Moving Time: 2:31:00
Avg Pace: 20:15
Calories: 1,330
Total Time: 2:33:57

View of NoPo and the Willamette River from BPA Road


This is the thirteenth time I've hiked this loop. This time I took the clockwise route to change things up. It's amazing that simply changing directions makes a familiar trail seem new.

To my surprise, the Descent took 22 minutes matching my best Ascent time and just 5 mins faster than my average.

This marks Hike #72 for 2021. I'm getting close to meeting my hiking goals and it feels good as I approach my 50th birthday.

It's great to see so many birds on the trail and hearing & seeing the creeks swollen with water. The trails are pretty muddy though but whatever.... waterproof boots FTW!