Tuesday, December 26, 2023

Hike: North End of Forest Park 26, Portland, OR


Getting There

Take NW Skyline Blvd north from NW Germantown Road. The Skyline Blvd Trailhead is 1.6 mi and a parking are available on right (east) side of the road.

The Hike

Length: 7.76 mi
Elev. gain: 1,729 ft
Moving time: 2:45:02
Avg pace: 21:15
Calories: 1,665
Total time: 2:54:52




It's been awhile since I last hike this trail. This time I thought I'd switch things up and do the clockwise route which takes you down the BPA Road and up Newton Road.

With my R foot hurting, I wasn't sure I was going to hike all the way down to Hwy 30 and waited to decide when I got to the power lines about 1/2 down.

When I got there, I stopped and considered the effort to get back up the other side. If worse got to worse, I could call a Lyft to take me back to the car, a luxury I don't have when hiking in other places.

It was good choice. My foot hurt but never too bad that I couldn't keep going. I passed a few people doing  the counter-clockwise route to wherever.

When I reached the car, I was glad to done the whole loop. It was proof that I was 'on the mend'.

I also had the camera I got for Xmas. Unfortunately, I wasn't happy with the limited features, slippery plastic finish, especially compared to the power of an iPhone with all the options and settings. I feel bad and don't want to tell my mom, lest she feels bad about the gift. I'll find a use for it somehow, even if I don't use it while hiking.