Wednesday, June 2, 2021

Hike: Dry Creek Falls, Cascade Locks, OR

AllTrails map


Length: 4.4 miles
Elevation Gain: 885 feet
Type: Out & Back
Steps: ~11,000


Getting There

After the Angel's Rest hike, I still had some juice in me for more. Usually after I take the boots off I've signaled to my feet that we're done for the day. Not this time.

My contingency was that if there were parking spaces at Tollbridge Park, I'd do the hike, otherwise I'd head over to Stevenson and take Red Bluff Road over the back of the mountain to Dougan Falls.

My luck with parking continues. I found a spot next to the bathrooms; the last spot (1 of 8 spots).

I put on a fresh pair of socks and got going.

The Hike

The trail parallels I-84 for a little bit then dips underneath. The signage for the PCT was lacking. I saw a gravel parking lot which seemed the likely direction. There it was. Note to self: if Tollbridge Park is full, this lot has plenty of spots!

There is not much elevation gain which was great because I could get more exercise (steps) and see some more beauty.

You cross a road for a few feet but the trail is pretty well marked.

I saw a handful of people that were friendly.

When you get to the bridge, the path to Dry Creek Falls is to the right. It's a wide dirt road (different than the single track PCT).

There were a couple of people hanging near the falls so I let them have space. I grabbed some photos and had a bit of water.

Another hiker showed up and basically did the same.

I saw a few more people on the way back to the trail head.

Nice mellow 2nd hike of the day!