Tuesday, July 2, 2024

Hike: Wahkeena/Multnomah Falls Loop, Corbett, OR


Getting There

In my recent hikes here, I've been parking at the lot between the westbound & eastbound lanes of I-84 but since that lot required parking permit during the summer, I went straight to the trail. 

I took I-84 eastbound to the Angel's Rest/Bridal Veil exit. Then, took the Historic Hwy 30 to the Wahkeena Falls parking lot. I found a spot right by the trail.

The Hike

Distance: 5.35 miles
Elevation Gain: 2,060 feet
Maximum Elevation: 1,669 feet







 

This has become one of my favorite training hikes. It's not too far from Portland, I'm familiar with the terrain, and it has decent mileage and elevation gain. Someday, I'm going to hike up to Sherrard Point and/or do a big loop from Wahkeena to Devil's Rest to Angel's Rest.

The trail is in a lot better shape around Fairy Falls after the landslide and downed trees damaged the switchbacks earlier in the year. Props to TKO and trail crew volunteers & staff.

My pattern lately on this trail is to go a little further passed the Larch Mountain + Multnomah Falls trail junction up to the bridge.

Even though this route has become somewhat routine, I always manage to find some incredible views along the way.

 



Wiesendanger Falls
 
Wiesendanger Falls
 

Multnomah Falls