Wednesday, November 9, 2022

Hike: North End of Forest Park 20, Portland, OR

Sunset from Firelane 15

AllTrails map

 

Getting There

Take NW Skyline Blvd north from NW Germantown Road. The Skyline Blvd Trailhead is 1.6 mi and a parking are available on right (east) side of the road. 

The "prowler" sign is still there. There were three other cars and no room to park where there is full visibility. I had to park behind a car next to the blackberry. Again, I figured I've done all I can do like locking the console and glove-box and not leaving any of valuable visible or stuff in the back like before the break-in. I parked in a highly visible area and (knock on wood) no issues.

The Hike

Length: 6.14 mi
Elevation gain: 1,089 ft
Moving time: 1:49:35
Total time: 1:54:45
Avg. pace: 17:51
Calories: 1,101

Fitbit
Steps
: 13,385
Zone Mins: 33
Floors: 136
Calories: 2,633

This was my first Forest Park hike since August 13. I got a late start so I did a abbreviated version of my usual hike.

The part from the trailhead and Firelane 15 to BPA Road via Wildwood was the same. I headed towards Newton Road but stopped about 1/2 way. I didn't think I had enough daylight to make it all the way down to Linnton and back up in time.

I hike back up to BPA Road and walked to the end. Then, on my way back to the car, took the usual section of Firelane 12 back to Firelane 15.

Note: I did say hello to Benjamin George Collins - or at least the park bench dedicated to him.

This hike is #38 for 2022. I getting closer to my goals for this year. The Elevation Gain is looking good but I'm behind on Hikes and Distance Hiked. I wouldn't mind doing some 'flat' hikes to pump up my stats.

https://rtah.xyz/2022-stats/